Re: 128KB Memory Card One Pass Copy

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Lancaster <glanca@dieboldes.com>
To: Request for Change Report <rcr@dieboldes.com>
Date: Friday, March 26, 1999 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: 128KB Memory Card One Pass Copy

We need to have a 128KB memory card copy routine that only requires the user to insert the source card once and the destination card once.
  You didn't specify when we need this so I'll plan to do it for the next release whenever that may be.  We are already building this functionality in to version 2.  Of course we can only do this when the Accu-Vote is equiped with 256K of RAM so the infrared units would need to be upgraded.

                    Guy

How about June 1, 1999.  I don't have a "must have" date.  It's all dependent on timelines for depleting our 32KB stocks (we'd like to keep some in reserve, thank you) and certification schedules (might as well have it for certifications now rather than wait for a "must need" future crisis).

On depleting our stock:

If we continue down the path of 1000 Accu-Vote per quarter sales and sales of memory cards as supplies around 250 per quarter, and we want to be left with a reserve of 1000 cards, then we would run out of 32KB around March 2000.  So we best have a solution in say two months, because we won't be able to upgrade everybody at the last minute or get through certifications at the last minute.

On certification schedules:

If anybody knows that we have an upcoming certification that would require this deadline moved up, please respond.

On the Infra-red issue:

The customers can purchase a RAM upgrade at the same time they get a ROM upgrade.  That's trivial.

Ian