RE: E-7 AccuVote-TS Election Results Folder

> Presently, the AccuVote-TS has a folder to store ballots (as I
> understand it)
> and another to store challenged voters.  I am requesting that there be a
> third folder for satellite and counter voters that is for the E-7

Hmmm, interesting request.  The TS has the concept of "unvoted ballots" that
are stored but not counted.  These will be uploaded to GEMS and counted
"centrally" after they have been approved, just like the paper ballots put
in envelopes in the AV case.  It seems reasonable to extend this concept to
allow multiple categories of unvoted ballots.

There is a lot of work to be done to support challenged voters with GEMS.
Right now our upload protocol is not capable of sending raw ballot images
(just results) and GEMS is not capable of counting TS ballot images.  We
will start this work after the initial release (ie very soon).  It will
probably take a month after that to support non-AccuVote features in GEMS
like write-in names on ballots and challenged unvoted ballots.

At that point we can look into supporting your suggested multiple unvoted
ballot categories.  I don't expect it will be too difficult if we design the
challenged protocol correctly.

This was a very well written RCR.

Ken