RE: AVTS Template change for all EV accounts.

> Is it possible to change the template so that when the smart card is
> inserted, the ballot style or precinct is shown so that the EV poll worker
> or voter is able to verify.

I have thought about this before.  Right now on the instruction screen we
show "Election" and "Jurisdiction" information.  It stands to reason we
would also show "Base Precinct" and "Party" there as well.

There is one minor detail I am loath to bring up.  All this information is
only stored in English right now, but the voter has selected their language
by the time they get to the instruction screen.  Is it sufficient to display
the election/jurisdiction/precinct/party only in English?  I would hate to
make people have to enter in all the precinct names in Chinese.

> Can this be done for November, 1999?

It is not a big job (the language issue notwithstanding).  Rattle our chain
again if it is not in the next couple of releases.

Ken