RE: AVTS Template change for all EV accounts.

Title:

> > How about incorporating the
> election/jurisdiction/precinct/party info with
> > the language option page?  The text would change as you selected the
> > language.
>
> You lost me.

Sorry to follow up to my own post, but I follow Rob's suggestion now.  Yes, if we stored the base/report precinct labels in multiple languages, then we would show the precinct in that language when the voter selected it.

The problem is, we don't.  In fact, we don't store many election items in multiple languages:  base/report precinct, district, vote center, counter group, and election title.  Only race, candidate, headers, and voter groups have RTF editors.

For example, it is also reasonable to ask we put the vote center and counter group on the AccuVote-TS instruction page.  So the screen might look like:

Election:         Presidential General
Jurisdiction:    S.I.T.W. Nebraska
Vote Center:   5th Avenue United Church
Type*:            Early Voting

Precinct:         Lakewood 10 Combo 108 School B
Party:             Purple Party

[*as opposed to Challenged or Polling, say]

The question is, do we want to have multilingual support for all these election items?  The design so far has been that the ballots are multilingual, but the election reporting is in English.

Obviously, we need RTF for races, candidate, and headers.  We added a RTF editor to the voter group dialog because of Steve's multi-line party text RCR, and because the party is printed automatically on the ballot for endorsed candidates.  This is not a big change even for english-only jurisdictions since there are not many parties, and everyone gets the benefit of greater flexibility, like party icons and multi-line text.

It is another matter to make them enter rich text for all the base precincts.  I am going to go out on a limb and say that is not reasonable.

Ken