RE: Ovals positioned back to back on ballots.

Title:
Would it be that difficult to program restrictions into the ballot layout program to exclude this situation rather than leaving another potential problem area for the ballot layout programmer to catch?

Ian

Of course its not difficult to add restrictions.  We can just disallow mixing front to back columns and multi-column candidate races, like other systems do.  Perhaps we can even simplify the card reader and make it four fixed columns, eliminating the problem entirely.

I don't think people who can solve the bleed through issue by other means will like that however.  This way we have the best of both worlds.

Ken