RE: GEMS Modifications for Hamilton County

We've been talking about a "label only" candidate type that would allow heading like this for a long time.  I am doing some work on the layout and artwork engine presently (landscape ballots and full face ballots);  I'll slip in this feature as part of that work.  I expect It'll be ready mid jan.

This is complete and will be in 1.15.  There is a new candidate type "header" that draws exactly like a candidate, but has no label.  It is not downloaded to the AccuVote.  You can use these as a header for a group of candidates.  Blank headers are also good for forcing a specific candidate layout, in the spirit of the "withdrawn candidate" hack popularized by the good people in Omaha lately.

A 1.15 testing release should be out today.  We can generate an official 1.15 for Hamilton as soon as support is happy with its behavior.  Hamilton needs to get its artwork out by Jan 31 if I understand correctly.

Ken