RE: AVTS - PA Certification - Reselecting candidates

> According to statute 3031.7, section of the Pennsylvania voting laws, the
> proper procedure for reselecting a candidate on the AVTS is as follows:
> The first touch in any race must remove all votes in that race and then
> the voter must select their desired candidate.

I had assumed this was related to straight party, but then saw your second
RCR come through.  If the race has never been touched, how can it have any
votes?  Can  you elaborate on "first touch"?

Put another way, do referenda behave as they do currently, or no?

Ken