RE: AVTS - PA Certification - Straight Party Voting

You are absolutely right.  The only way to make it work, would be to have the ability to deselect the candidate.  I would think we would want the deselection function to still work as before, but if you touch a different candidate, that would erase all other votes and select that candidate.

Right.  Thas was my assumption.  This brings me back to my original (unanswered) question however:

Dog Catcher race, vote for three.  Two republicans:  bob and sue.  Three democrats:  john, dave, and bill.  One independent:  jane.

Voter votes for republican straight party.  This selects bob and sue for dog catcher.  Next they click on sue.  I assume that deselects sue's vote.  Finally the voter clicks on the republican straight party candidate again.  I assume that deselects republican.  What happens to the dog catcher race

Ken