Voice speed control on VIBS

Title:
Posted on behalf of Phil Scruggs of Soza&Co:
We need to add the functionality to the VIBS units such that a user can control the speed that VIBS plays the .WAV files.

A suggestion for controlling the volume on the current units would be to use the star key (*) to reduce the speed and the pound key (#) to increase the speed. This is based on the assumption that those keys have no other functions on the VIBS unit. When the next user inserts their smart card the speed should be set to the default value.

The instruction on how to use these keys should also be available in audio form on the unit.

This feature is required for a successful demonstration of the VIBS capabilities on the 31st of July. Ideally the change would be made by the 21st to allow for testing and training up here in VA.

Thanks,

Philip Scruggs
Soza & Company, Ltd.
Dmitry has done some research into this (thanks Dmitry), and estimates an implementation would take two weeks.  This would put us past the 21st deadline and probably the 31st demo.  I am going to spend a couple of days looking for a shortcut, but failing that we'll need to start exploring other alternatives.

Ken