RE: reject writeins using feeders

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Guy Lancaster
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 4:28 PM

The options:

3) Download the CC sort flag AND have an option to override this in the AV setup mode.

Pros:
- almost as simple as (2) but with the flexibility of (1)???

Cons:
- possible to make entry mistakes.
- requires recent GEMS release.

Neither of these cons is true.   If you don't have the most recent GEMS then the flag is turned off as far as the AV is concerned, but it can be turned on under setup.

That said I don't know what the fuss about doing it under AV setup mode is.  We don't let you change the "deflect writein" or "deflect blank" flags under setup either, and this has all the same arguments as you outline above.

Ken