RE: Write-in keyboard with numbers (was RE: AVTS3-13-7)

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Tari Runyan
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 1:42 PM
Subject: AVTS3-13-7

We'll talk about RCR submission guidelines next week...
The current users of the TS namely Co and Ca do not need the ability to put addresses on the write in candidates and it would only cause more confusion if it were there.

California voters are confused by a keyboard with numbers on it?
I am requesting another 3-13-7 ofr 3-13-8  that has the first 2 features of the current 3-13-7 - Stylus card reader and test box removed but NOT the pop up keypad for write ins.

Its Spyrus.

I assume you are suggesting making it a GEMS AVTS setup option:  "don't include numeric keys on write-in dialog".  I think you will need to produce several confused California voters before this one goes through.  We already have several election administrators confused by the number of AVTS setup options.

Ken