AVTS VIBS - Order of "to vote for/Press"

This request is from both myself AND brad clark, Alameda County Registrar:

The Order of the VIBS "to vote for" statement and "press 1" needs to be reversed.  I believe I submitted this in a prior emal - perhaps to wrong mail group.  When a Vote for 1 is read, the voters get confused when the text is read - "Vote for 1 / Press 1 to vote for / Al Gore / Press 2 to vote for..." .  They are hearing the Vote for 1 and Press 1 and getting confused - Then they hear "to vote for Al Gore Press 2" and presss 2 key.  This is causing confusion and misvoting on the VIBS.

Please reverse the order so the statement reads "to vote for Al Gore / Press 1/ To vote for George Bush / Press 2"     The Press statement needs to follow the candidate or measure selection.
Steve Knecht
Global Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell       800-508-5710 pager