AVTS VIBS - RE-reading of race / candidate text after selection on VIBS

This request also comes from BRAD Clark Registrar at Alameda after Nov. 2000 election.  This was also submitted before probably to wrong mail group:

After the voter presses their selected choice in VIBS, the unit now re-reads the race title (and in a measure this includes the entire text of measure again) and candidate selection.  Please simply restate "you have voted for YES or you have voted for AL GORE - DO NOT re-read the entire title (measure back to the voter) this is causing it to take far too long and is unnecessary.

Please let me know if we can get this for the Piedmont election?
Steve Knecht
Global Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell       800-508-5710 pager