RE: Permanent counter for the Accu-Vote OS

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Greg Forsythe
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 11:47 AM
As a by-product of adding the counter to the AVOS, the System Clock would recognize daylight saving time and change automatically.  A big benefit for elections occurring in September, October and November.

Well, it doesn't sound like a "by-product" to me, though I assume someone has told you we'd need to store the permanent counter on the RTC chip.

Guy, can you elaborate a bit, and give an idea of the effort involved.  Mostly just curious.

Ken