RE: BallotStationCE-4-1-0-2 audio ballot race advancement

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 6:47 PM

 Again, having run it only briefly I think this is a matter of creating an appropriate "scripts".

Please run it less briefly and get back with your concrete suggestions.  They are welcome, and we look forward to them.
We've (Deborah actually) got a good relationship with an ADA group in Berkeley if its the right time for this type of input.  What do you think?

I think that Deborah having a good relationship with them is more important that anything we do with the software.  Their input is welcome with everyone else's.
Agreed.  But, I think you need more input than just what I've given here.  Also, I think of the 8 or on my keyboard the up-arrow as moving forward in races.

Interesting.  Either your or my dyslexia is at fault...

In a word processor, the up arrow takes you to the previous line, not the next line.
I would respectfully disagree with this analysis.  I think many people want to NOT vote a race or series of races, such as a series of Judge races that they don't know about or care about, where they would skip forward for 5 or 6 races.  This is not at all unusual.  Even just skipping one race is very common.

Agreed, and for what it is worth 8/2 in some form is pretty much a forgone conclusion at this point, at least as an option if not always.

That said,

(1)  Judge races have few candidates and are easy to skip and

(2)  The brainchilds at Caltech think the residual vote is how you measure voting systems.  Discouraging undervotes might have merit.
For the most part it would render it useless, except for ballots that involve alot of races that folks don't care about, again, particularly judges, local measures, etc.

Don't use two pronouns in the same clause unless you are having a private conversation with Greg.

Ken