RE: Touch Screen Calibration with BS Software

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ian S. Piper
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 11:00 AM

It would be interesting to know how the palm pilot handles mis-calibrations and factory setups.  They might do it through software controls or they may have some interface port that allows for an alternate input device.

No;  they use the proceedure I described:  double entry.  If you screw up twice, you are deemed too stupid to own a palm pilot.  Then you remove the batteries and get factory defaults, and start over.
My understanding, from Tab's explanation of the magic PCMCIA card, is that the system would boot and operate from the image on that card.  Would this magic PCMCIA card allow changes to the "Internal Flash Filesystem"?

Yes, but lets not wade too deep here, okay.

Ken