RE: VIBS Ballot Review Process

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Mark S Earley
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 3:59 PM

Any thoughts on the breakout feature. I ask because I am going to run these changes (and the others in soon to follow rcrs) past the guys at FL Div. I want to leave out any modifications that are not likely to get done, so they will not decide they are required.

I want to do the minimal changes to get us through for now.  Any "real" VIBS account is going to require mp3 compressed audio, so we are going to be back at Florida cert some day anyway.  Right now I get the impression the prize is the piece of paper that says we are VIBS certified in Florida.

We are about to release 4.2.1 with mp3 compressed audio.  We can explore the breakout feature sometime during the 4.2 series.  Probably the solution will be to keep track of whether the voter has seen the ballot once, and then add a new keypress to the candidate playback script to cast the ballot.

Also, if the breakout is not incorporated into the modifications, the review prompt should possibly state that the voter will be required to review the entire ballot, thus avoiding any surprises to the voter of having to go through the entire ballot again.

Customize it to say whatever you think is best.  The service bureau should be able to help you out with the recording.

Ken