User Selectable Buttons

Based on feedback from the Santa Clara demonstration I am requesting a few items probably in the que, that would help us "sell" and may help the voters.  Most of these items are available on the other systems, or at least appear to be.  Since I am asking for them on the voter ballot pages in a "reserved" area, I am including them together.

I see a "reserved" horizontal button bar (location could be top or bottom of screens) that are available to the user at all times while on the voting ballot pages.  The buttons would (could) be flag settings in the AV-TS settings in GEMS and provide for the following:

1. Allow the user to MAGNIFY the ballot at any time. This option could be presented on the language page selection in addition to the "reserved" area on the ballot pages.  The button could be labeled "Magnify" in whatever language is displayed presently.

2. Allow the voter to "switch languages" at any time.  The user would press the language button, see the language options screen again, select a new language, and have their votes still maintained upon returning to the page where they left the prior language.    Why?  As explained to me, some "english as second language" folks may try to start voting in English and get to some strangely worded measures and feel they need to read them in their native language.  This made sense to me.  The button could be named "LANGUAGE" in whatever the language that is presently selected is.

3. A "hop back to summary page" button vs. having to hit "next" button to get back.  This button could be labeled "SUMMARY" or "SUMMARY PAGE" in whatever language is up.

4. A "Go to instruction page" button.  This could be labeled "INSTRUCTIONS" in whatever language is presently up.

These would be turned on or off in GEMS, although the Summary page return seems it should be imbedded to me, but hey..... Something like the following: