RE: Export Ballot Image Results

From: owner-rcr@gesn.com [mailto:owner-rcr@gesn.com] On Behalf Of Talbot Iredale
Sent:
Friday, August 16, 2002 10:36 AM
To: rcr
Subject: Export Ballot Image Results

Posted on behalf of Steve Knecht

Background:

    In some California accounts we will be conducting election in conjuction

with DFM equipment. In particular the counties will be using AccuVote-TS

units for doing Early Voting, and their existing equipment for doing

election day and absentee voting. To allow the counties to get complete

election results DFM has implemented a method for importing ballot result

images (See attached specification).

Steve, what accounts are we talking about here?  Have they run previous elections on Diebold equipment, or are they new accounts?  How are these accounts creating their GEMS database?  What is the project manager responsible for these accounts?

Enhancement Required

    Implement in GEMS the ability to export the ballot result images in the

format specified in the attached document.

The attached specification is relatively clear.  It is however missing information regarding what needs to be imported in order to conform to their export.

Date Required:

    Beginning of September 2002 so can test for the November 2002 election.

Depending on your definition of “beginning” and the details of the import, this timeline may-or-may-not be realistic.

Ken