RE: Export Ballot Image Results

Initially it was Sacramento and Santa Clara.  Now it is only Santa Clara, and I should know tomorrow if it is them or no one at this point, so stand by.  I explained this to Ataa today. (also below)
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rcr@gesn.com [mailto:owner-rcr@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 3:19 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Export Ballot Image Results

From: owner-rcr@gesn.com [mailto:owner-rcr@gesn.com] On Behalf Of Talbot Iredale
Sent:
Friday, August 16, 2002 10:36 AM
To: rcr
Subject: Export Ballot Image Results

Posted on behalf of Steve Knecht

Background:

    In some California accounts we will be conducting election in conjuction

with DFM equipment. In particular the counties will be using AccuVote-TS

units for doing Early Voting, and their existing equipment for doing

election day and absentee voting. To allow the counties to get complete

election results DFM has implemented a method for importing ballot result

images (See attached specification).

Steve, what accounts are we talking about here?  [Steve Knecht] See above. Have they run previous elections on Diebold equipment, or are they new accounts?[Steve Knecht]  New Accounts   How are these accounts creating their GEMS database? [Steve Knecht] From DFM Import  What is the project manager responsible for these accounts?[Steve Knecht] ; Phrase does not make grammatical sense (wow, that was Clarkian and felt good).  I assume you meant Who, which is a whole other can of null. Me.

Enhancement Required

    Implement in GEMS the ability to export the ballot result images in the

format specified in the attached document.

The attached specification is relatively clear.  It is however missing information regarding what needs to be imported in order to conform to their export.

Date Required:

    Beginning of September 2002 so can test for the November 2002 election.

Depending on your definition of “beginning” and the details of the import, this timeline may-or-may-not be realistic.

[Steve Knecht] We are to have everything ready Oct. 4 for testing.  Stay tuned, as I don't think this will happend and we may eke our way out of this.  I still need Ataa to be thinking design issues in case we have to go on this.  Believe me you will be the first to know, maybe second. Ken