Pre-release copies of GEMS

We are being asked to provide pre-release copies of GEMS for unsupervised evaluation.  Please understand that unless we take precautions to protect the proprietary rights of the software it could conceivably end up in the public domain, in which case its value would be zero and free to anybody for the asking.

Those of us who toiled in the public safety industry (Mickey, Steve, Sherry) saw this happen to a company called Vision Technology.  As sure as night follows day, they went out of business.

Please call me before making any such commitments.  There are obviously some things we can do, but we should proceed with caution.

Thanks.

Larry