Re: New Generation AccuVote - AT Improvements (Printers)

In a message dated 4/23/99 8:14:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ian@dieboldes.com
writes:

<< Do we want to print a results report from each machine at the end of the
election day  >>

I believe they want a printout from each machine, especially in the AM for
zero reporting.

<<or do we want to group the election results on one machine and print one
report that reflects how that particular precinct voted>>

You have to assume this will be required in addition to each unit printing
out.

<<How's that going to work with five DRE's each producing a report.  Wouldn't
they have to post all five reports on the window?>>

This consolidation will occur, if it is required, by accumulating each
precinct on one of the AT units at the precinct.

<<wouldn't it make sense to have that same printer equipped machine print the
zero totals tapes? Would anybody doubt that the zero totals actually came
from each machine? >>

Yes, the printout would simply need to show the ID of the unit.

<<Maybe we ought to stick with the cable attached option just for sake of
perception.>>

I think the "sexy" part of this will outweigh the issue as long as the Unit
ID is on the printout.