El Paso, TX & Gems Reporting

I am going to get started on setting up the Election for El Paso, TX and
since talking with them, they still have a few concerns about how the
Reporting is going to work for this election.  Last November, for the El
Paso, TX Amendment Election, there was a Import BRC Results feature added
to Gems in order to be able to add our Early Day Voting results with their
Election Night results.  We were able to do this successfully, however
there are a few things that the County would like to see improved.
 Currently, in order for us to be able to Import totals into Gems, they
need to run a Precinct by Precinct report to disk.  This took about 20
minutes for the Amendment Election, and I am sure it will take much longer
for their Primary Election.  They can create a Summary Report in less than
a minute, and that is what they would like us to Import into Gems.  I know
that in order to create a Summary Report in Gems, you need the totals from
each individual Reporting Precinct, Race, & Candidate.  But is there a way
that we can take their Summary Report and merge our Summary Report to get 1
Grand Total, since this is all they are looking to give to the Media during
the night, without having to create a Precinct by Precinct Report from
their system???  Or possibly, is there a way that we can Export our totals,
so they can Import them into their system and do all the reporting on their
side???

Also, when they did create a Precinct by Precinct Report to disk from their
system, the file is too big for the disk and looses some of the Precincts
at the end.  I had to have them create 2 disks for me, and then using DOS,
I merged those 2 files into 1 so it was correct for Gems.

Another downfall was that when we Imported their results, whether it was a
zero report, or a report with totals just for 1 precinct, our report stated
that we had 100% of the precincts reporting.

Since alot of this is to blame for the short comings of their system, I
didn't know whether to write these items up as RCR's or to just let people
know what El Paso is complaining about.  Please let me know if I should put
these into the RCR list.

Thanks,

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems