To: Support
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 5:35 PM
Subject: The Ballot Shoe

Well you asked for it!  -

If there are any other ideas, please feel free to comment.  I've already got dibs on the "design a new optical scan system" idea.  So come up with something else more creative.

Would it be practical to come up with something like a ballot shoe similar to the dealer's shoe used in gaming establishments?  Surely with the thousands of ballots used in L&A testing, let alone absentee & recounts, a simple device that could be operated with one of those "sticky fingers" and a little rubber as a separator could be extremely useful.  Hand feeding even three or four hundred ballots is a real chore.  Steve Ricke mentioned the old style hand cranked duplicating machines.  Imagine putting a stack of ballots in one of those and cranking them through.

Okay - fire the rocks!

Greg Forsythe
Global Election Systems, Inc
24 Hirondelle Place, Ontario M3A 1V8