RE: Accu-Vote version 1.94x not uploading by modem

> From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
> Ken Clark
> Subject: RE: Accu-Vote version 1.94x not uploading by modem
>
> Hey Greg.  We have reproduced the problem here.  1.94x-beta will
> not upload,
> but 1.94w uploads fine.  I'll keep you all posted.
>
> Ken

1.94x ROMs do not correctly initialize the Zoom 14.4 pocket modems.  The
problem is specific to modem upload with the 14.4 Zoom, which is why direct
upload works fine.  Older 2400 modems and even the new CPC2400E modems would
work, not that this helps Puerto Rico any.  There does not appear to be any
way of working around this in GEMS.

Tab has corrected the problem and is sending a new firmware image to Ian.  I
understand PR is going to do the upload from regional sites since it is too
late to swap out ROMs in all units.  The regional sites can use the new
firmware, or even 1.94w since the tally logic does not affect upload.

Good luck,

Ken