RE: GEMS-1-17-7-6

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 3:27 AM

How do we know if we are "going to" experience the fresno situation?

You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Can we assume that if we've got 75 decks committed with 20K ballots and 420 precincts, and we're still doing well with the summary report, that we're on solid ground?

Never assume, or you make an ass out of u and me

Seriously, there is no good answer to this question.  There is no conclusive explanation as to why fresno is having problems while santa barbra is not, so I would not assume anything.  If you upgrade them now you risk unnecessarily stressing them out over a problem they don't have or creating a new problem.  If you upgrade them later you risk having the problem election night.  You are damed if you do and damed if you don't.

My gut feeling says upgrade:  they'll get over the upgrade stress, there is little chance of creating a new problem, and anyway misery loves company (ie fresno).  This is just an opinion from the cheap seats though (really).

Ken

I know what you're thinking. Did he fix six bugs or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a C++ application, the most powerful programming language in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?