RE: Error: Failed to Initialize CBallotDLG

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Greg Forsythe
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 7:54 PM
reinstalled AVTSIS-3-13-9-2

Disregard the reference to "reinstalled AVTSIS-3-13-9-2".  I mentioned this as a term of reference only, that I had made the attempt to rectify with this procedure, in case anybody asked whether I had tried this or not.

I can't disregard it, because you have still not made clear whether the same database running on the same machine running 3.13.9.2 works or not.
I just received two of the R4s from McKinney with 4.0.7 and upgraded to 4.1.0.2 (BallotStation).  The CBallotDlg appeared.  Installed 4.1.0.1 with no problem.

4.1.0.1 works, 4.1.0.2 does not.  That is entirely different.  Did you read the VIBS release notes and does your database conform to the current VIBS limitations?  Does 4.1.0.2 work with the sample VIBS database on the ftp site with with R4 hardware or your desktop?
I have not discovered the difference between the desktop, and the laptop and the three R4s.

Just to ask a fairly stupid question, are you R4 units VIBS units?  If not, could the difference between your desktop and R4 unit be, uh, that your desktop has a sound card?
Election tomorrow at 7:00 am.

You can't run an election tomorrow at 7:00am on 4.1.anything, so that is academic.

Ken