Spyrus Battery Replacement

We have received several Spyrus Readers for repair after their batteries
have been changed.  We have been able to recover most of these readers.
Below are the procedures taken from the Spyrus manual and notes from our
experience for proper battery replacement.  Please relay this information to
customers owning Spyrus readers.

The reader uses two (2) CR2032 Lithium Coin cell Batteries.
A suitable Phillips head screwdriver can be obtained by in an eyeglass
repair kit found at most drugstores for less than two dollars.

To replace the batteries, remove the two (2) small Phillips screws, and take
off the battery cover.
Pull out the two (2) batteries and insert fresh batteries (ensure proper
polarity).
Replace the battery cover and the two (2) screws.

After the batteries have been correctly replaced. If the reader does not
turn on, has garbage on the screen, etc., then remove the batteries and let
the reader sit for 10 minutes to discharge, then reinstall the batteries.
If the reader is still not functioning correctly, try to reload the Card
Manager software.

Steve R.