From: Gutierrez, Anthony [mailto:anthony.gutierrez@co.shawnee.ks.us]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 3:01 PM
To: 'jhglobal@earthlink.net'
Subject: error messages

Jeff,

We printed some mock demo ballots earlier this week. When I tested them at
the printing plant, one ballot was rejected and it read "Wrong Date: A01" on
the AccuVote screen.  I turned it around and it gave the same message. When
I tried it a third time, it took it.  Do you know why it would give this
message?

Also, after about 5 or 6 ballots, it stopped taking any more and read
"Memory Card Removed, System Halted" on the screen.  I turned it off, waited
about 10 seconds, turned it back on and it took the whole test deck.  What
would this message mean?

Anthony, Shawnee County KS Election Office