RE: VoterComment

Title:
From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 9:18 AM
I was assured it wasn't a GEMS bug so I didn't report it.

Well, if that was good enough for you, then there is no problem really.  Right?
 I can ask Alameda to ship you the printer.

This could actually be worthwhile if it really is reproducible with their printer on a number of machines and different GEMS versions.  Make sure they can confirm nothing of the sort happens when they are printing, say, MS-Word documents.  Bottom line, if we can reproduce it here, we can probably find a solution.  If they ship it up here, I hook it up to my computer, and everything works hunky-dory, then it will be a wasted effort.  We can't fix what we can't break.

Do we ship these printers out of McKinney?  Maybe we can hook one up over our internal network and print remotely.  Does Alameda see the problem if they are printing to the printer over a network?  Can anyone on our office WAN (Omaha, McKinney, Vancouver) reproduce the problem reliably locally?
 I could ship you my laptop.  On the other hand, how would that really help?

I don't see how that would help.  I assume your laptop works just fine when hooked up to a HP5si MX PS for example?

Ken