RE: Cross endorsed candidates

We could really use some suggestions on a clean user interface for this.  Namely, what exact changes should be made to the race/candidate dialog to support cross endorsements?  How did VTS do it?  Finding a clean interface has been one of the reasons this feature was never persued;  the other being that no one has needed it 'til now.

I have thought about this for a bit;  here is my first proposal:

Add a button to the candidate tab of the race editor "Cross Endorse".  This adds a new candidate item to the existing candidate list with the same candidate label, rtf, and type.  Changing these fields for any one of the candidates list selections changes it for all endorsements of the candidate.  The delete button acts as is does currently, deleting that candidate endorsement from the list.  The label, rtf, and type are purged internally only when the last endorsement for the candidate is deleted.

Easier said than done, but this sounds reasonable.  Other ideas?

Ken