RE: Anoka County Ballot shading

Title:
Okay, it looks like background shading, color, reverse text, and thick lines are here to stay.

To each of the rich text editors (vgroup, race, candidate, header) we will add a background color selection (including grayscale) and a foreground color selection.  We can support a background color for each of the text blocks, but we still won't be able to on a word-by-word basis (because of limitations in our RTF control).  This should work well for Anoka and similar.  A windows metafile will still need to be used for reverse "PROPOSITION" text headings when the rest of the prop text is plain though.  The background and color features will work well for the AVTS as well.

The thick line portion of this RCR was also brought up recently by Jeff in his "Gems - Creating columns on the ballot" RCR.  Two requests makes quorum, so we'll see what we can do about that too.  GEMS 1.15 now allows users to select top, bottom, left, and right lines around the race box.  We used to only control top/bottom and left/right as a pair.  We can't control the line thickness as a global since Anoka only wants the left line to be thick.  I guess that means four drop down boxes with line widths instead of four check marks.  Straightforward enough.

We don't have a timeframe for implementing this right now, but it is not too huge an undertaking.  I know these features are desired in other accounts for other reasons.  We are on top of primary printing season now, but we could have something ready for the next printing window.  Let us know what kind of pressure we are talking about here, and we'll get it done accordingly.

Ken
Welcome to Bloatsville.  Population:  GEMS