RE: AVTS - No Instruction Page

Sorry about the timing.  Bob Urosevich asked me about this just this morning.  He then said he would ask Larry Dix to put in an RCR.  Then Larry Dix e-mailed myself, for me to do it.  And, Shazam, it was finally done.  Sorry again.

Jeff Hintz

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 3:25 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: AVTS - No Instruction Page

Requested:          May 1, 2000

Required:            Canadian Trial Election

Jurisdiction:       Canada

Our new agent in Canada, “Dynabec”, is requesting that the Instruction Page be removed from the AVTS software all together.  They would like to see the AVTS software go directly to the first page of the ballot after inserting their Voter Card.   Is there a possibility of putting into Gems, or maybe better into the AVTS unit registry, a switch of some sort to be able to skip the Instruction Page.

Jeff Hintz

Trivial to do, but your timing is just miserable: