RE: Order that Write-ins Appear on AccuVote Tape

I understand, agree, and fully share in your frustrations with the FL certification "process". I wish I could change the process,  but all I can do is try to make things work with the rules in place. If I understand correctly that FL's version of 194us.abo is part of 1.17.17 GEMS and therefore will not change, things will be fine here.

Mark

At 2/11/2002 07:52 PM, you wrote:
Any change is an issue to Florida.  They'll have to stick with the 1.94us abo that ships with 1.17.whateveritis until they re-certify;  there isn't anything to "check with them" about.  They don't get to take advantage of any of the other enhancements we make until they re-certify either, but that does not preclude the rest of the country moving forward.

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Mark S Earley
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 6:40 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Order that Write-ins Appear on AccuVote Tape

While I like the idea of moving the write-in listing to the end, I am concerned that making the change to the standard 194us.abo might have implications later on in FL, since the current layout is part of the certified package here.

I can check with the FL Div and get their input if anyone wants to pursue it.

Mark