Alameda County - superfluous base precinct?

GEMS version 1.17.20.0

Imported Alameda database from DIMS-Net 2000 voter reg system and the import
process created a new base precinct "260" and report precinct "missing
baseunits".  The precinct seems to be load bearing because there are races
and ballots assigned to that precinct.

I am wondering if the precinct was created because of an incongruent export
file from the DIMS system, symptom of some bigger problem, or like pi an
irritating universal constant that I'm going to have to live with.

Since we are just accumulating and exporting back to DIMS, I guess I could
live with it but would appreciate the blessing of a wizard in Vancouver.

Thanks and take care,

rob chen