Re: R6 Straight Party One Touch to change vote

Steve, as far as I understand, this behavior is not intended.  Unless programmed with the Pennsylvania Straight Party Voting option, it should be necessary to de-select the candidate selection before issuing a new selection.  See my preceding email.

Nel
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: R6 Straight Party One Touch to change vote

Whoa! What is this One Touch selection?  This would cause alot of problems for folks with shaky hands, bracelets that hang from peoples wrists, and inadvertant touching of other candidates, which occurs a significant amount of the time.  If not noticed at the time, then the summary page would have to be noticed, but they'll think the machine isn't correctly recording their vote.  I hope this is not part of the general release for everyone.  This is obviously just my take on it, but I'd like to hear whether this is Pennsylvania only, a selection option, my misunderstanding of the issue, or what.  Thanks.